Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rustic Children's Room

It is no secret that I am a lover of the rustic. I love a bit of the lumber jack feel with very feminine accents. That is probably why I have a moose hanging over my fireplace with a heavy carved frame around it and mercury glass candle sticks flanking it on the mantle. I don't want my house to be thematic but I find myself always drawn to the wilderness feel. 


For example, Philip and I went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for our honeymoon. Most people would buy nick knacks for their home or a t-shirt as their souvenir. Not me. I bought three small deer horns to use in our home to decorate. I made them into a necklace/jewelry holder. I like the juxtaposition of feminine and masculine. (this is a very easy project if you decide to do it)


That being said, I am throwing my co-worker a baby shower this weekend and so I have been searching all over the Internet for inspiration. While looking for baby inspiration I stumbled upon this wonderful woman's blog, laybabylay.com, where she designs nurseries and children's rooms around themes and colors that people send her. I found this wilderness room and I think that I could live in this room!

Nursery Inspiration Board; Toddler Inspiration Board; Baby Boy Nursery Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment